[Rhodes22-list] Boom Room Sources

Chris Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Sat Mar 17 13:54:20 EDT 2012

I agree with Todd,
			At this stage of life Stan is giving everything he
can to keep the new boat and refurbish part of the business going.  Give the
guy a break.  There are so many great and experienced Rhodies on this list
that among us we probably have fabricated or sourced almost every component
on a Rhodes.  Sure there are some things like the hull, deck and rudder,
motor lift, centerboard and IMF that are uniquely Stan's and available
nowhere else.  I would suggest that you go ahead and offer to make your
purchases from Stan on any of the larger ticket items (either new or used)
and just let him know to respond in a reasonable time frame if he is
interested in filling the order.  If is able, interested and has the time he
he'll to get back to you.  If after that deadline, then communicate with the
list and we can come up with a solution most likely.  Most of us imagine
ourselves retiring at 60 or 65; this guy is still working 25 years after we
would be playing shuffle board!  (Ok Rhodies don't play shuffle board we
sail our boats)

Chris Geankoplis
'83 Enosis