[Rhodes22-list] failure of mast step

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Tue Mar 20 21:10:48 EDT 2012

Richard,
Replacing the screws is not a big deal. They are set in a caulk,  but it
can deteriorate with time. Most problems with the step come from  owners
making huge mistakes and ripping the screws out. The fix is easy. Dry the  area
out good and fill with epoxy. Drill holes sized for the new screws and
install with caulk on the threads. Ta dah! My mast step has been in place since
1988. I've never done anything to it.

Rummy

In a message dated 3/20/2012 2:10:24 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,