[Rhodes22-list] Bleuet 206 Butane Stove

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Thu May 3 18:19:58 EDT 2012

Mike,
The canisters for these stoves use a propane/butane mix with a brand
name of CampinGaz. I think the 206 is the kind that is punctured as
you lock it into place. This means you can't remove it until it is
empty. We had one and never had any problems with it though the
puncture feature always made me worry a bit. When the canisters
became harder and harder to find, we finally replaced it with a
Bleuet stove that uses the CampinGaz with the valves (CV270 or CV300
canisters). It fit the existing stainless steel pan in the galley
with only a couple of modifications.That fuel is also difficult to
find but when we found some a few years back we bought a multi-year
supply. Really like the stove. Don't know if canisters are still available.

Mary Lou