[Rhodes22-list] 1981 Rhodes 22 "Shanghai'd Summer" on the block

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Mon May 28 14:13:19 EDT 2012

Hi Fellow Rhodies,

The time has come for me to pass on my first Rhodes 22, "Shanghai'd Summer"
to a new owner as I prepare to launch my "new" 1991 Rhodes 22.  I have to
sail an R22 cause I'm just not good enough to sail a less forgiving craft.

While she isn't new, she has many good seasons left.  The deck and hull have
always been sound and the centerboard trunk was serviced (new gasket &
lines) 2 years ago.  The electrical system was redone (new panel, new
wiring, etc.) and a new stereo (with digital media and aux input capability
but no CD) was installed with marine speakers in the cabin and cockpit.  The
non-working VHF is probably not worth repairing as a new radio is about
$100.  The masthead antenna looks fine. The sails are original (I am the
sole owner) and still fly well, although, like me, they do have a bit of a
belly.  The trailer is also 1981 and probably shouldn't be used for long
hauls, although I have seen Stan employ trailers in worse shape to make
deliveries of brand new boats.

She is listed on Craigslist at
http://longisland.craigslist.org/boa/3042693822.html for $3,200.  I have
attached more pictures at
http://www5.snapfish.com/snapfish/share/p=245281338227709276/l=5694886025/g=
10324592025/cobrandOid=1000/otsc=SYE/otsi=SAER

If anyone is interested, you may reply on the list.

Mike

s/v Shanghai'd Summer ('81)

s/v (yet to be named) ('91)

Nissequogue River, NY