[Rhodes22-list] N E Rhodies / Sandy Info(calling 4 Mary Lou)

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Sat Nov 3 22:16:49 EDT 2012

What? didn't I check in already? Sorry about that.

We are fine, 60+ knot gusts and 11 inches of rain. Eye went just north of here.

We were only 21 hours without power. The surge after the storm was
only about 5 ft total. I don't think anyone had water into their
houses here though there were some well-flooded yards.

Hint for all you folks tying down a Rhodes for future storms. Tie
down the pop top. A gust lifted ours just sideways enough to let
a  couple of gallons of water in - though some of that came in the
hatch that we already know we have to rebed.

My heart goes out to all who have been hit hard by this storm and
best wishes to the Rhodies whose boats have been damaged.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock Hall, MD