[Rhodes22-list] New Owner for Yankee Clipper

Bob Keller r22yankeeclipper at hotmail.com
Sat Nov 17 19:31:09 EST 2012

Hey All,Just want to let you all know that my beloved Yankee Clipper has a new owner.  Ray Gaj from Oriental, NC came down to South Georgia yesterday and took possession of the boat and has confirmed that he made the 500 mile return trip in good shape.  Ray has already been posting to the list and is a great guy and great addition to the Rhodes fleet.  And he has the perfect location for the Rhodes 22 in Oriental.  So after 11 years of owning the YC I am happy to send it to a good home.  Attached is a picture taken just before Ray drove off. As for my boat search, have looked at the Catalina 28 MKii, 30, 30 MKiii, 310, Beneteau Oceanis 321 and Island Packet 27.  Right now am leaning very heavily toward the Catalina 310 but being a former Rhodes owner am also looking for a good deal.  It could take a little while but I am in no hurry.  The R-22 is a tough act to follow and this list has been a huge help.  The list and support from GB make owning the boat much easier. Stan, the check is in the mail!Bob K