[Rhodes22-list] End of Season - Thanks Everybody!

Shawn Boles shawn.sustain at gmail.com
Fri Oct 5 18:18:16 EDT 2012

Hi All:

Well, it is the end of the season at Fern Ridge Reservoir and Sweet Baboo
is going into winter storage. Thanks to everybody for the great advice.

Good times were had by all.  We put in on May 19 and managed to get out 39
times  ( down to about $500/outing [?]). I now have some idea of how to keep
her handy in 6-12, but am still figuring out 3-6 and 15+.

Chris G and his wife Alice went out with us and I learned a lot from him.
One of the things we discussed was the tendency to have a lee helm - Chris
raked the mast back a little and that helped. - As part of putting in next
spring I am going to adjust the 175 Geno at the masthead tang. Current
position is 3rd hole from tang end. I am curious about where other 175
owners have the tang attachment set.

Also, when we hauled her out the boatyard crew were astounded by how clean
she was. Does anybody know the exact specs of what is used for both hull
and bottom paint? They thought it was something called 'E-paint'.
apparently copper based paints have been replaced , at least on East Coast.

Cheers,
Shawn
PS The mast hoist system worked like a charm. Slow and easy does it. Thanks
Stan.