[Rhodes22-list] New Owner of the Nautisaurus

Lowe, Rob rlowe at vt.edu
Tue Oct 9 17:03:39 EDT 2012

Marlan,
Congratulations!  And since you've been lurking for years, won't bother to welcome you to the list.  But now that you're a Rhodie you do have to participate.  Very pretty boat. There are several Chesapeake Bay people out there.  And of course there is Chris Cowie in the DC area.  - rob

Hi all,

Well, I've been lurking on this list for about four or five years now. All along I've dreamt of owning a Rhodes.
Last May I went to Edenton and met with Stan, saw the plant and went for a sail.

And, now, at long last, I can say I'm a Rhodes owner! Yes, this was Lisa and Ron's boat, Nautisaurus. I purchased her last week and I'm keeping the name. They have taken great care of her and I'm happy to be getting a great boat from a couple of great folks.

I've moved Nauti to Holiday Hill Marina in Mayo, MD on the Rhode River.
She'll be on the hard now until next season.

Some 40 year-old men buy a lil' red sports car. I bought a lil' red sail boat!

I live in Washington,
 DC. Mayo, MD is a 45 minute
drive from where I live. I've sailed for seven years on OPB's (Other People's Boats). I've sailed everything from a 19' Flying Scott to a 50' Hunter to an
1888 classic wooden yacht named Elf (http://www.cyrg.org/elf.htm).

I'm lookin' forward to being a Rhodie and I would love to raft up with other Chesapeake Rhodies sometime next summer if anyone is interested.

A few pictures attached.

Marlan

> From: Lisa Lias <lisalias at gmail.com>

> The Nautisaurus was our boat and we enjoyed her a lot
but need more space in order to do extended trips. We are very pleased that we could hand her off to a Rhodie like Marlan. He did a lot of homework on R22's before taking the plunge and is a good guy. He's a great new member of the congregation, treat him well!