[Rhodes22-list] IBM

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Fri Oct 19 20:45:37 EDT 2012

Rb,

 You can furl the main on a Rhodes using the existing boom. I have been
doing so for 5 yrs now. That over priced yuppie crap is not necessary. If
the standard mast and boom doesn't have the necessary hardware (my 71 did)
Here's the link to Dwyer (who provided the original mast and boom).
https://www.dwyermast.com/items.asp?cat1ID=30&cat1Name=Booms&familyID=5&familyName=DM-275+Boom
<https://www.dwyermast.com/items.asp?cat1ID=30&cat1Name=Booms&familyID=5&familyName=DM-275+Boom>
You can see picts of boom furling in the post on Ballast report : picts of
2nd reef position in 8-12 mph winds (with gusts in the mid teens)

John S