[Rhodes22-list] IBM

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Sat Oct 20 10:57:23 EDT 2012

Hi Rummy,

 Hope the sailing season is going well for you. For what they're probably
charging for that system I would expect the thing to serve me breakfast in
bed as well as raise and lower the sail. I can get the parts for manual boom
furling from Dwyer for ~ $100.00 that's a hard number to beat. Can you lower
the boom on the current IMF system ? (the so called 1st reef position)
Unless you mounted the motor inside the boom I think you would lose that
ability. I can lower the boom on my boat with full sail up or fully reefed
by releasing the main halyard and pulling on the downhaul line and tack line
at the same time. (they are set up on the port side of the cabin so you can
grab both lines in one hand) The biggest problem I have furling on the boom
is preventing the sail's bolt rope from piling up and binding against the
mast. I have a fix for this in mind but have run out of sailing season to
thy out my idea.

But there's always next year.
Fair winds

John S