[Rhodes22-list] Bottom Paint Rubs Off

bwmcky bmackey at charter.net
Mon Oct 22 17:28:33 EDT 2012

I just finished my second season with my "new" 1988 Rhodes redone by Stan.  I
keep it on a lift in the summer and in a barn in the winter so it's really
only in the water (fresh) under sail.  When washing her to put her away for
the year, I noticed the bottom paint comes off easily, and streaked the
paint above it until I washed it off.  Is that normal for bottom paint?  The
hull is perfectly clean, at least to the naked eye.

Thanks for your help.

Bruce Mackey
s/v Tuxedo