[Rhodes22-list] Advice

Bob Keller r22yankeeclipper at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 28 20:17:18 EDT 2012

Ron,I think it is critical to move the outboard at the same time you move the rudder - makes a big difference in maneuverability.  Makes no difference whether you do this manually (as I do) or with a linkage mechanism.  Also, keep the CB down and remember that the boat moves very well forward under motor but moving backward takes more time and will likely be more susceptible to being overcome by wind.   Minimize how much you have to motor in reverse and turn with both motor and tiller is my advice.
BK > Date: Sun, 28 Oct 2012 14:40:09 -0400