[Rhodes22-list] Bilge Water

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Mon Oct 29 07:49:04 EDT 2012

David,
It sounds like your hull and deck joint are leaking. You would notice
wetness in several locations if this is the source. As Bob suggested, make sure
your sink hose is intact. If it is the hull to deck joint, you will have to
 remove the rubber insert, drill out all of the rivets, clean the joint and
then  re caulk using a one part polyurethane
(_http://www.bestmaterials.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=1066_
(http://www.bestmaterials.com/SearchResult.aspx?CategoryID=1066) ) caulking.  It will flex, but seals tightly and
has a working life of ten to fifteen years  with direct exposure to the
elements. When caulking the joint (per Stan's  advice) use a forward motion to
force the caulk into the joint, not a trailing  motion as you would a window or
door trim. Replace the rub rail and insert the  rivets. If available, a
good pneumatic (air) riveter works wonders as there  are a lot of rivets.
Replace the rubber insert and you should be water  tight.
A good nuts and bolts supplier (or try the Internet) will have  the correct
rivets. You won't find them in a hardware store.

Rummy

In a message dated 10/27/2012 9:23:59 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,