[Rhodes22-list] N.E Rhodies/Sandy info

Michael D. Weisner mweisner at ebsmed.com
Mon Oct 29 12:49:55 EDT 2012

Hauled on Saturday.  LIS was starting to get nasty even then. Rhodes is
high, dry, secured and cleaned for the season.  Mooring is due to be pulled
next weekend.

Weather here (north shore of LI) is very windy, gusts into upper 30s with
15-30 second periods. Light rain.  Wind is expected to peak at 80mph
tonight.  Tides are running very high.  Nissequogue River finger piers had
less than 1 foot left on pilings this morning's high tide.  Town of
Smithtown will probably lose a few finger piers in the next high tide.  5-6
foot waves in the river, bigger on the LIS.  Two boats still on moorings: a
power boat (old Striper) and a 30-35' multihull sailboat (cat or trimaran).
Good luck!

All hunkered down and waiting to lose power.  Generator was tested on Sunday
and have 16 hours of fuel on site.  Temps in mid fifties so heat will not be
a problem.  Plenty of water and food and both vehicles are topped off.  Only
emergency vehicles permitted on roads after 2pm today.  No evacuation (we
are 161 ft high) on the north shore.  Wind will be our problem, not rain (4
week old Tamko premium shingles w/50yr guarantee - I hope they have bonded).
Flooding only on the south shore and down at the LIS.

Going to build a fire and make some tea to take the chill out of my bones.

Mike
s/v <-no name -> ('91)
Nissequogue River, NY