[Rhodes22-list] New (old) Rhodes 22 owner

PBR pbryanriley at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 17:06:26 EDT 2012

re:floatsam

The item in your photo "progress 013" looks very much like what I have
in my 89.  The square hole is for the electric panel which is indeed
directly under the entry.  The small round hole was fitted with a 12V
lighter type receptacle.  The skinny part of the panel just forms a
little storage area.  The panel is a long way from my batteries, which
are up front under the V-birth.  The panel is accessible from the
cockpit (good) but not so good in that mine had a lot of water damage
when I got it.   I suspect water entered from either the jib car or
side port windows and found its way along the undersides etc., as
water does, to drip on the location most likely to be damaged.
-PBR