[Rhodes22-list] Water in Bilge and Pump

Goodness spreadgoodnews at gmail.com
Tue Sep 4 20:31:15 EDT 2012

The Rhodes has lots of holes.  This equals lots of leaks.  It's true for all Good old boats.
Be systematic, know every hole, chainplate, screw, through hull, hatch and how it is waterproofed.  Go through them all, rule them out one by one when a leak starts and to top it off condensation is a frequent one since the boat wasnt insulated.
I am continually amazed that the centerboard case seals.  And to top it off very few problems are reported about it!  Good job general boats!

Remember through hulls, clogged drains, and loose lips sink ships.