[Rhodes22-list] Water in Bilge and Pump

Cary Tolbert retiredtoby at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 08:59:50 EDT 2012

I had the same problem. The good boat owners on this list suggested I check
the recessed Pedestal Table Leg Base.
It was broken and compromised the cockpit deck. I first sealed over the
base with duct tape. I covered the base with overlapping strips
and then again at a right angle. This stopped the water entry into the
bilge. I now have the part on order for a permanent fix.
This may or may not be your problem but it is worth checking.
Thanks to all the people who helped me with their input.

Cary
Radford,VA
s/v Whisper  86