[Rhodes22-list] Old new owner of an 86 Rhodes 22

Shawn Boles shawn.sustain at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 12:43:08 EDT 2012

Hi:

The Torgeedo is great for my purposes - Lake Sailing with no current and
small waves. It drives the boat with no problem.
My brother, who test sailed Sweet Baboo in Albemarle Sound before she was
shipped west, used the motor to hold the boat steady in 30 mph winds while
he reduced sail.

I don't think , that at the equivalent of 3hp, the motor would be of much
use in strong currents or heavy chop.

The ingenious design let's me take the battery home for charging.  Much
more fun than having gasoline around the boat.

All in all a fine product, but spendy - ca. 2$k.

Cheers,
Shawn
s/v Sweet Baboo