[Rhodes22-list] Proper Boat Position on Trailer

Charles Nieman blue66corvette at hotmail.com
Mon Sep 10 13:21:39 EDT 2012

can't say much regarding the location of the posts....from my experience, you cannot have the boat too far forward. When loading my boat I would slid the bow stop as far forward as possible, float the boat to that position and tighten the bow line as tight as possible. When driving out of the water, te boat would shift to some distance back. If I did not have the bow line tigjht enough, I would end up with neagative tongue weight which is never any fun. The bow stop would slid back to tighten against the boat to minimize any possible movement during travel; but with the weight of the boat, not much was happening anyway.

Hope that experience helps; yu will find more information on this list than you can sometoimes use, but it is great information. enjoy the boat

Charles