[Rhodes22-list] Trailer Sweet Spot Addition

Bob Keller r22yankeeclipper at hotmail.com
Sat Sep 15 07:37:58 EDT 2012

Jay,I am at a loss after reading about your trailering troubles.  I have a relatively new Triad single axle and have trailered it thousands of miles but have never experienced any movement of the boat on the trailer.  Something doesn't sound right but I don't know what it might be.  If there's not enough tongue weight the boat will fishtail especially on a single axle trailer.  Maybe you need to have some weight on the keel so there are three points of stability?  Maybe it's because I only trailer in GA & FL and have only flat roads with minimal hills?  BTW, I always tie the boat down to the trailer at the bow and stern and that does help with stability.  I also only drive 65 mph max (OK, occasionally 67-68).  It almost sounds like your boat and trailer are not matched up properly and maybe the trailer needs some adjustments?  I have found these Triad people and products to be just OK and definitely not flawless. Otherwise, I don't have a clue.
BK > From: jac2 at wavecable.com