[Rhodes22-list] FW: Yankee Clipper For Sale

Bob Keller r22yankeeclipper at hotmail.com
Tue Sep 25 16:44:37 EDT 2012

Hello All,
I have decided to sell my Rhodes 22 which is something I never thought I would do.  I thought this would be my last boat but I have a desire for a slightly larger boat with more accomodation space to spend more time aboard.  I want to be able to spend extended time periods "living" on the boat for long weekends, "office days" during the week, multi-week trips and eventually to spend months at a time on the boat.  So I would like to sell my beloved Yankee Clipper and move to something in the 28-33 foot range.

About the boat:
It is a 1995 that I bought in late 2001 from Stan and have extensively upgraded it since then.  This boat is the ultimate trailer sailor in that it has the following:

New (2011) battened IMF main sail, 150 Genoa (2010) with GB furler, whisker pole, mast receptacle on bow pulpitElectronics: Autohelm depth & speed, ST 60 wind instrument, compass, ST 2000 tiller pilot, integrated Garmin power/data cable, stereo/CD player, VHF radioCaptain's chairs and GB motor lift installed when purchased in 2001Hull repainted by Stan in 2001 - still looks greatIsotherm refrigerator/freezer (2010) - can run off batteries or shore powerNew standing rigging in 2002 and running rigging in 2005-2006Shore power outlet and cordTwo house batteries, two solar panels and electric start Tohatsu 8 hp 2 stroke motor (2001) that also charges the batteries3 - 6 gallon fuel tanksNew water tank (2011), new cabin carpet (2011)Fortress anchor with 20 feet of chain and 50 feet of rodeMarine head with Y valve and macerator pumpBoom Room & cockpit filler cushionsNew centerboard (diamond board) and associated lines in 2006Electric bilge pump2006 Triad single axle trailer with the following new in 2011: tires, OEM drum brakes, flush kit, bearings, brake actuator and heavy duty jackMast raising system with mast bail configuration for raising and lowering the mastEverything works (rare on a boat...)Asking price: $ 25,000 and includes the GB certificate of support!
I'm sure there is more but these are the main items.  The boat is dry - no leaking at CB or in lazarette.  Hull is in great shape - the boat was in fresh water on Lake Hartwell for 4 years and since we moved to the coast it has spent most of its time on the trailer.  It is currently (since Saturday) in the water at St. Simons Island.  Boat is ready to be sailed or trailered.  My asking price is a lot less than what I have invested and I am of course reasonable and will listen to all reasonable offers.

See attached pictures.  I can be contacted off-line if needed at: bobkeller22 at gmail.com

Thanks,
BK