[Rhodes22-list] Bow Chocks

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Sun Apr 7 16:03:28 EDT 2013

Stephen:

I am not sure if this is what you want to know but I have attached a picture
of the deck hardware on the  foredeck of my 74 Rhodes just before I removed
it all for painting. All the hardware was bolted through the deck although
on my wooden boat, 1.5" screws are used. Personally I will be using bolts
when I replace the hardware. I don't like the idea of screws letting water
into the core, which seems inevitable to me, so I will drill through and
coat the hole with epoxy to seal it. Having had to replace the core in the
deck, a ridiculously huge job, saving a smidgen of time with screws has no
appeal to me.

Graham Stewart