[Rhodes22-list] (Joe's Centerboard Woes)

Joe Camp jjcampjr at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 1 11:24:19 EDT 2013

Rummy, Mary Lou et al:

     I sailed yesterday (if you want to call it "sailing" with no wind) and discovered that my centerboard had returned to its normal functioning parameters.  Before I left the boat last weekend, I sprayed some of the Holy Fluid (not rum in this case, but WD-40) into the tube on a wild guess.  Well, the movement is freed up, and the pendant line looks to have been cleared of whatever was fouling it.  I will monitor the situation for the remainder of the season and decide wether or not to dig into it more deeply at haul-out time.  Thanks everyone for the usually stellar advice.  What a group!

Joe Camp