[Rhodes22-list] Clanging Mast

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Tue Aug 13 09:17:21 EDT 2013

I agree with Mary Lou the wire ties work best. I saw this recommended in a
sailing magazine many years back and it was a very elegant and inexpensive
solution for me. The big advantage with them is that they do not create a
barrier for other wires you might want to have share the inside of the mast.
Put them on tight in groups of three and facing in different directions - 12
o'clock , 5 o'clock and 8 o'clock  about every 5 feet. I would use ones that
are stiff enough to ensure that the weight if the wire flopping back and
forth does not overwhelm them.

Graham