[Rhodes22-list] Tacking the 150 Genny

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Tue Aug 20 20:38:34 EDT 2013

I wonder if this problem of the jib catching on deck hardware has something
to do with the cut of the sail or the setup with the furler. I had the
problem of the large jib hanging up on deck hardware when I first got my
boat but eventually I realized that the furling gear (the old Cruising
Design) was not installed properly and when installed properly it raised the
tack of the sail about 6 inches as I recall. I have never had a problem
since - and I can't attribute that to technique as I don't have much or
that. I wonder if there might be a way of adjusting the height of the
furling drum to address the problem - assuming the luff of the sail isn't
too long to allow it to ride a bit higher.

Graham