[Rhodes22-list] Weary Traveler / Traveler Weary

Joe Camp jjcampjr at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 14 19:58:26 EST 2013

Greetings... to every frustrated northern latitudes sailor on the hard, and with friendly disdain to the "south of the line" sail all year argonauts.  (Rummy comes to mind).

     I've been a bit idle in the R22 aspect of my life, what with snow and ice and responsibilities. (Damned Responsibilities!)  When one cannot sail, one dreams of sailing and plans the coming season's sailing and talks about sailing and budgets for sailing.

     Way up on this year's "to have" list is the new traveler rig Stan has teased us with in photo and e-mail.  Stan: you're as aggravating as the damned winter.  It's good we all love you so much and allow you to have your way.  On to the meat (as it were) of this message. Here it is: Has anyone got a clue as to how much GB wants in cash for the privilege of owning their latest amazing gizmo?  I want to tell my wife how much she can expect me to spend in the next few months.  She gets cranky when I just go out and and do the dirty deed (again, as it were) on my own.

     Speaking of gizmos, my Triad trailer was the talk of the marina ramp when I let out the extension  and backed down the ramp.  Lord, but it's nice to be a Rhodie.  Keep the embers hot.  (whichever ember(s) you treasure)

Joe Camp
s/v John Dawson
on the hard in Hatboro, PA