[Rhodes22-list] Use of traveler?

Rick sloopblueheron at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 15:11:36 EST 2013

End boom main sheeting to a traveler pretty much negates the need for a
boom vang.  The main outhaul can be used as a preventor by taking the line
once around a mid-boom cleat and tying off to the inside jib sheet track
ring or just a cabin top hand hold.  I think a whisker pole for downwind is
more effective than a vang.

Rick