[Rhodes22-list] Rudder Repair

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Wed Feb 13 06:49:51 EST 2013

Somewhere buried deep in the archives you will find an article about the  r
epair I did to my rudder many years ago. I made sure the core material was
good  and dry before I did the repairs. I used the sauna in our house for
several days  to dry it out. I filled the voids with epoxy and ground up
fiberglass  fibers. Sanded smooth and then covered all edges with several coats of
 fiberglass cloth (overlapping about four to six inches on each side) and
saturated with epoxy. Sanded smooth and reassembled. Been good ever since.

Rummy

In a message dated 2/12/2013 5:59:43 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,