[Rhodes22-list] Good things to have aboard your Rhodes22

Bob and Kathy Quinn bobandkathyr22 at bellsouth.net
Mon Jul 1 11:43:03 EDT 2013

Mark:  On the engine, sounds like you may be flooding it.  Ease up on the choke and see what happens. If that does not do it, a carb rebuild is in order.

I carry a "tool kit" to deal with any incidents that occur when we are on the water.  Included is a reasonable amount of tools to deal with issues - and as there are not too many issues to deal with - the kit only includes what I have determined will get me through any crisis - check around your vessel and you will see that a couple of screw drivers, pliers, and a few well sized ratchet wrenches will get you through.   I also carry extra clivis pins, rings, tape, utility lines that can be improvised to deal with issues, etc.   Dock lines, fenders, and a boat hook are also standard stock.

Yes, and all required Coast Guard equipment:  flares, throw ring, life vests, flashlights (have found myself out after dark as the winds failed me and I did not plan appropriately), proper navigation lighting, VHF radio (fixed and portable), etc.  I have a chart plotter but that is more for fun than practical use as I generally have researched the areas that we sail in quite extensively.

Has served us well with over sixteen years of Rhodes 22 sailing.

Bob in Florida in the "NoKaOi 3"