[Rhodes22-list] Good things to have aboard your Rhodes22

Charlie Nieman blue66corvette at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 1 12:04:57 EDT 2013

   Oh Oh...Santa, please tell us..will it be available as a retro fit on
   ALL existing models???!
   ----
   Charlie Nieman
   Sent with [1]HotmailBuzzr
   On Jul 1, 2013, 10:56 AM, Stan Spitzer wrote:
JUST A TEASER ANNOUNCEMENT (not to be opened until Xmas):

General Boats is working on a new propulsion system that, while
expensive, (OK, very expensive) will be less than the related
accumulated medical bills resulting from "you alls" currently employed
motor systems.

ss

On 7/1/13 11:43 AM, Bob and Kathy Quinn wrote:
> Mark:  On the engine, sounds like you may be flooding it.  Ease up on the cho
ke and see what happens. If that does not do it, a carb rebuild is in order.

> I carry a "tool kit" to deal with any incidents that occur when we are on the
 water.  Included is a reasonable amount of tools to deal with issues - and as
there are not too many issues to deal with - the kit only includes what I have
determined will get me through any crisis - check around your vessel and you wi
ll see that a couple of screw drivers, pliers, and a few well sized ratchet wre
nches will get you through.   I also carry extra clivis pins, rings, tape, util
ity lines that can be improvised to deal with issues, etc.   Dock lines, fender
s, and a boat hook are also standard stock.

> Yes, and all required Coast Guard equipment:  flares, throw ring, life vests,
 flashlights (have found myself out after dark as the winds failed me and I did
 not plan appropriately), proper navigation lighting, VHF radio (fixed and port
able), etc.  I have a chart plotter but that is more for fun than practical use
 as I generally have researched the areas that we sail in quite extensively.