[Rhodes22-list] Propeller question

John Shulick jsbudda at verizon.net
Tue Jul 2 17:58:20 EDT 2013

Ted,

 The math for hull speed says 5.99 kts. I can get 6.1 according to my
handheld GPS unit with the throttle wide open. Note that there is a 4 blade
8 X 7 (3B2W645120M) also available. You would gain some top speed and get
better fuel economy (more thrust means lower throttle settings when cruising
). but you will idle into the marina slip at a greater speed as well. I
don't use the motor very much so to me the slower idling speed is more
useful.

John S