[Rhodes22-list] Electrical Question

Mrbabs Marc at babineauins.com
Tue Jul 2 18:56:16 EDT 2013

Hello All

The Tohatsu 6hp Sailpro is equipped with an alternator. Is it as simple as
connecting the +/- leads from the engine to the +/- terminals in the
lazarette to charge the battery (ies)?  Will this charge one battery or both
batteries?  Is the battery being charged determined by the battery switch
position?

Is it posible to overcharge the batteries?

Has anyone added battery level meters to determine charge level? How do
folks know the current state of their batteries?

I know, I know - I sound like a 5 year old with all the questions . . .