[Rhodes22-list] Maximum Capacity

marlangreen at gmail.com marlangreen at gmail.com
Fri Jul 5 10:21:58 EDT 2013

I went out with 6 people (including myself) yesterday in 15 mph winds. Boy,
I would say that would be maximum capacity as far as I'm concerned. It was
a bit tricky tacking with that many people in the cockpit. Even when one
person would stand in the cabin it was still crowded. What I didn't expect
was the weight distribution aspect! It was fine when we moved people about,
but sometimes we were healing pretty hard. Not to mention that with all
that weight the prop on the Mercury long shaft outboard was trailing in the
water even when the motor lift was all the way up!

Today I am buying plug for the scupper in the cockpit floor because all
that water that came up through it with all that weight made for a bit of
extra water ballast! Yup, I think I'm going to stick with five max from
here on out.

Marlan
s/v the Nauti Boat
Mayo, MD