[Rhodes22-list] Motorized motor lift.

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Thu Jul 11 10:12:00 EDT 2013

Yes, spray the belt.

In a message dated 7/10/2013 11:55:21 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
marlangreen at gmail.com writes:

So, when  you say "spray the belt" do you mean spray the seat-belt - like
material  that wraps around the winch in the lazarette, passes through the
slot and  attaches to the fiberglass motor mount that rides up the rails?

Do you  think spraying the belt helps because of friction as it passes over
and  through the slot?

On another note, my belt only goes over and into the  slot. There is a
stainless steel round bar above the slot and I've wondered  if the belt
should pass over that before going into the slot. Any  thoughts?

Unfortunately, I don't have any pictures of this to share  with the group.
I'll take some next weekend when I'm at the  boat.

Marlan
s/v Nauti Boat
Mayo, MD

http://rhodes-22.1065344.n5.nabble.com/Motorized-motor-lift-tp40845p46384.html