[Rhodes22-list] auto pilot

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Mon Jul 15 08:15:00 EDT 2013

The simple solution is to replace the sail. Having the IMF is a feature
which, if not working properly, totally negates the entire idea of having  one
in the first place.
Pulling the main out requires both hands. One on the outhaul and the other
keeping pressure on the inhaul. I usually pull the main out while the motor
is  still running to keep me into the wind. I steer the boat with my butt
against  the tiller handle if needed. Usually you don't need much steering if
the sail  comes out as advertised. Once the main is out I shut the engine
off, fall off  the wind and then the genny comes out. Tah Dah.
Simple solution...replace the main sail.

Rummy

In a message dated 7/13/2013 4:37:35 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,