[Rhodes22-list] Hisense 7" tablet for simpler Geeks

Cover-Man cover-man at comcast.net
Thu Jul 18 14:31:44 EDT 2013

Hey Gang,

I have used the Apple, Google, and Fire tablets as some of you have, and in curiosity checked out the new $100 Hisense which Walmart sells - along with a more expensive big brother unit.  I am totally impressed with the quality, utility, and warranty protection and would recommend it to others.

It does Chrome, Google Maps, Email, Kindle reading, weather, and Netflix and Seagate very well, many other Android apps as well.  These tablets, as some of you have found, enable a partial escape from laptops/desktops, power for a long time without tether, and power from 12v boat power after.  I like the near-instant access to the apps, rather than having to reboot.  Quick start, quick asleep.  I use an external microUSB keyboard/case with a laughable price tag.

Anyway, I do not have stock in any of the tablet providers, my investment is in cruising and sailing.  Just sharing this good value with the other skippers for their benefit.

Art
s/v Mary Jane

Have a nice day!