[Rhodes22-list] how to replace the furling line for the main sail?

PBR pbryanriley at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 16:23:15 EDT 2013

Jim,
I agree it is a PITA, but mostly lowering the mast.  If you are one of us
that trailers a lot then that part is unavoidable.  But once the Mast is
down the entire furling system & gooseneck can be slid out the bottom of
the Mast, just a continuation of what you do to lower the pop top slide and
boom.  You only need to slide the mechanism a few inches outside the Mast,
then you can easily see how to change it.  Make sure you select the same
diameter line or slightly smaller to avoid overfilling.  Before reassembly
put a couple of wraps on the furler in the correct direction to make sure
you can always get the sail furled all the way in.
-Patrick