[Rhodes22-list] 175 and Backstay Tension

Robert O Baldi rob.o.baldi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 9 18:19:09 EDT 2013

Shawn,
Those of us with innermast furling, cannot rake our masts to adjust to wind etc. That is a feature for a racing rig. I did that with my lighting years ago, but now I set my shrouds and stays once in the beginning of the season and check to see that nothing gets loose. If you do not have an innermast rig you can rake your mast by tightening the line on the back stays that pulls the two stays together. I sincerely doubt that any two of us can rely on another boats pin setting.  You will need to sight and feel your own boat for each weather condition and sail setting.

rob

Sent from my iPad