[Rhodes22-list] 175 and backstay tension

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Tue Jun 11 13:24:17 EDT 2013

Shawn,

I went out in the pouring rain yesterday (what I won't sacrifice for this
list) and quickly measured the distance at exactly 24" between the
backstays.

Now after drying off and rereading your post we must be comparing apples to
oranges.  If I had a 27" gap my backstays would be totally loose and I can't
imagine a 36" spread.

I think we also need to measure from the top of the mast to the backstays'
pootie tangs, and I ain't doing that rain or shine.

Good luck!

Lee