[Rhodes22-list] How to lock rudder pintles?

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Mon Jun 17 11:27:26 EDT 2013

Steve,

What Hank said.

I discovered that my rudder wasn't locked in place while motoring at six
knots and going really hard aground.  The rudder popped off but didn't fall
completely in the drink because it was linked to the outboard at the time.
Good thing since my hand popped off the tiller as I was thrown into the
cabin.

It takes quite a bit of effort to lift the rudder off its bracket.  Can't
imagine it even coming close in normal conditions.

Lee