[Rhodes22-list] replace or tighten

Stan Spitzer stan at rhodes22.com
Mon Jun 17 22:50:26 EDT 2013

One of the PITAs about direct used boat purchases is the stigma that GB
may have done that.  The new Rhodes have 4 docking cleats so chucks are
not used.  In olden times when boats had 3 docking cleats we still did
not use chucks.  On a rare occasion when we installed a pair at the
request of a recycled boat buyer, we did not use that open style.  My
guess is that the owner who installed these two, drilled the improper
size hole and/or used improper sealant.

If any one who has purchased a recycled boat from GB is having problems
with *any* hardware, they know they only have to describe the problems
and return the part for a newer style or a working replacement.  Others,
as Ben so aptly points out, should turn to the party who sold them that
boat.

ss