[Rhodes22-list] Problem with Main Sail shackle with screw pin

Peter and Jennifer sailer291 at hotmail.com
Tue Jun 18 10:41:40 EDT 2013

l lock turnbuckes with cast off solid copper wire, free and easy to keep a few bits on board. Almost lost fwd lower in head seas on a rough day, really bad as my old viking 28 class was known to have mast weakness at the spreaders. Not fun to reattach in 5ft seas 5m out on a 70m transit. Been careful re pins, shackes for last 35yrs.. Forgot the other object lessons as got to cocky as posing as an old salt.
Keep leaning as forgot my lessons from my PPL.
Peter