[Rhodes22-list] New Tiller Needed

Leland LKUHN at cnmc.org
Tue Jun 18 11:17:11 EDT 2013

Bob,

My preference is the one that came with the boat which I assume is probably
54 inches but I don't think a 44-inch one would be a problem and it would
give you a little more cockpit space to move around in.

When I have the motor linkage engaged it takes a little pressure to move the
rudder with the motor, and a shorter tiller might require more pressure.

My hiking stick is set-up to cross over to the locking mechanism at a
straight angle but you could probably rig a shorter tiller to do the same,
and if not it probably wouldn't have much of a negative effect.

I'd like to find a maintenance free tiller that would work on our boat but
have had no luck yet.

Lee
1986 Rhodes22 AT EASE
Kent Island, MD