[Rhodes22-list] Sacrificial Toothpicks

Ronald Lipton ronald.lipton at gmail.com
Sat Jun 22 11:50:10 EDT 2013

HI Stan,

   I knew you were old, but I didn't know your father is Archimedes.
That must
be where you got your mechanical aptitude, It couldn't be Purdue.

Ron
IU 1973

My father once told me that if I give him a fulcrum and a long enough
pole, he could move the earth.   The Rhodes mast is 26 feet long - IMHO
I think it could move a Rhodes.  I will leave that math to the better
minds out there but my guess is that with a mast step that can't pop and
a stayless mast, somethings got to give, even something as modest as the
mast itself breaking or bending instead of lifting the now impossible to
lift mast step.