[Rhodes22-list] Sacrificial Toothpicks

R22RumRunner at aol.com R22RumRunner at aol.com
Sat Jun 22 12:54:01 EDT 2013

Good one Ron.

Rummy

In a message dated 6/22/2013 11:50:52 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
ronald.lipton at gmail.com writes:

HI  Stan,

I knew you were old, but I didn't know your father  is Archimedes.
That must
be where you got your mechanical aptitude, It  couldn't be Purdue.

Ron
IU 1973

My father once told me  that if I give him a fulcrum and a long enough
pole, he could move the  earth.   The Rhodes mast is 26 feet long - IMHO
I think it could  move a Rhodes.  I will leave that math to the better
minds out there  but my guess is that with a mast step that can't pop and
a stayless mast,  somethings got to give, even something as modest as the
mast itself  breaking or bending instead of lifting the now impossible to
lift mast  step.