[Rhodes22-list] Posts with a gmail account

John Lock jlock at relevantarts.com
Tue Jun 25 10:33:59 EDT 2013

Everyone -

There is a setting in your account for the Rhodes mailing list that says
whether to receive your own postings or not.  This is set ON by default,
so most people get their own posts unless you deliberately logged in and
turned that feature off.

However, something at Gmail prevents mail going to mailing lists from
being copied back around to the sender.  I assume this is some kind of
mail loop prevention at Gmail, I dunno...  But I have seen the same
effect myself on other mailing lists when I post via Gmail rather than
my own mail account.

My research has shown that it IS something at Gmail that prevents
mailing list mail from being self-copied back to the sender. Haven't
pursued it any farther than that...

--
Cheers!
John Lock