[Rhodes22-list] First sail ever on my Rhodes

Michael Hellyar michaelhellyar at icloud.com
Fri Jun 28 21:53:45 EDT 2013

heaving to on a close reach or on a beam reach. The former backs the jib and hold the main in close to reduce boat speed to a crawl. Beam reach douse the jib and let the boom out to the shrouds. I agree the picture does not look like heaving to but then again, it's a Rhodes

Mike Hellyar
sent from my iPad