[Rhodes22-list] cabin top sliders

Graham Stewart gstewart8 at cogeco.ca
Sun Jun 30 16:17:12 EDT 2013

I have been checking out the starboard and there appears to some problems
using it for cabin top sliders. First, pieces that would allow me to cut 40"
are big in other dimensions making the cost very substantial, 2) bonding the
material is not possible so using smaller pieces is not feasible, and 3) it
cannot be painted and the available colours would not likely match what I
have. So, back to the drawing board.
A second thought I have is to use composite decking for  all trim. The
advantages are that It is much less expensive than starboard, readily
available, and comes in the right dimensions for my purposes, and also seems
to be maintenance-free. I would use the grey as it looks like nicely
weathered teak and the colour would likely go with my deck. Has anyone used
composite decking for trim and if so, how did it work out?
Graham