[Rhodes22-list] Great Lakes Voyage

Chris Geankoplis napoli68 at charter.net
Sun Mar 3 21:48:03 EST 2013

Hey Ron,
	I have not sailed the Great Lakes and I do know that it can be a
challenge, others on the list can tell you about the Rhodes in that
environment.  I can say this about the Rhodes.  After sailing one or another
for 37 years with a couple of pretty challenging voyages to the Bahamas,
Baja/Sea of Cortez and San Juans and Desolation sound plus the full length
of the Chesapeake the boat can do the mileage that is for sure.  Lots of
different environments and real tests of both myself and the boat, leave me
with the decided opinion that the Rhodes 22 can do what you are thinking of;
as long as you don't try to do it in one summer (I think the shoreline
length is around 10,000 miles!).  I think that it would be a grand
adventure, and you would be the first, I believe, to do so in a Rhodes 22.
Would I be willing to do what you plan?  Yes.  Hope this helps.

Chris Geankoplis
Medford, Oregon