[Rhodes22-list] Rudder attachment

Mary Lou Troy mtroy at atlanticbb.net
Mon Mar 11 11:50:13 EDT 2013

Rob,

That doesn't look standard to me.

Ours (on a 91 boat refurbished in 1998) is a standard gudgeon & pintle system.

I think you may have the original fittings on the transom but the
rudder doesn't look right. It looks almost as if someone cut off the
gudgeon. Does your rudder seem a little close to the boat?

See: http://www.rigrite.com/Hardware/Rudder_Hardware/Pintles&Gudgeons.htm

Can't get a pic of ours now - maybe some else can.

Mary Lou
1991 R22 Fretless
Rock hall, MD